I am going to attempt the 30 day blog challenge! I am in! This type of challenge is exactly what I need to do in order to be more intentional about blogging.
1. This first challenge asks me to think about the goals I have for this school year. In fact, I am already ahead of the game. Last week, after attending a great conference, I sat down and wrote a few goals out.
1. Focus on building relationships through technology. Build relationships regardless; but use technology to reach out and make it fun for my students.
2. Try Project Based Learning. One thing on my evaluation that I could improve is relationships with the community. By Forming a TED ed club, and doing more project based learning, I will be able to hopefully excite parents and community members about our school. I look forward to them realizing ways in which they can be involved.
3. Continue flipped and blended teaching methods. (Stretch to do even more this year).
4. Remember that teaching is a privilege. I am the one that gets the opportunity to notice kids and make them feel important.
5. Continue to try new things. Inspire my students to create and see technology as magic at their finger tips. I am looking to use Augmented Reality in particular to heighten engagement.
6. Remind students and staff that they matter.